Sweep Up the Memories is a song that only appeared in the 1971 cartoon, The Cat in the Hat.
- The Fish
- Uh oh she's passing Mrs. Blumburg's house.
- The Cat in the Hat: Sweep, Sweep up the memories. Those old, untidy memories. Broken, mixed-up memories. Of what we had one day.
- The Fish: She's passing Mrs. Thompson's house
- The Cat in the Hat: Sweep, Sweep out the nonsense. That crazy happy nonsense. This world's too old for nonsense. Sweep, just sweep it all away.
- The Fish: There she is coming up the drive way.
- The Cat in the Hat:Everything in a state of grace. Everything back in its normal place. No more rainbows for us to chase. No more games to play.
- The Fish: The garage door's open she's inside the garage.
- The Cat in the Hat:Sweep, Sweep out the laughter. There's no more time for laughter. At least, not until after I come back.
- The Fish: Now, she's getting her groceries out of the car.
- The Cat in the Hat:And you know.
- The Fish: Here she comes.
- The Cat in the Hat:I just may.