|Horton the Elephant|
|First appearance||Horton Hatches the Egg|
|Family||Morton the Elephant Bird (son), Uncle Norton|
Horton the Elephant is the kind-hearted elephant character who first appeared in the 1940 book, Horton Hatches the Egg. He also appears in Horton Hears A Who!
Horton is a Grey (presumably Indian) elephant with blue eyes.
- His ears sprout like wings.
- He has a tuft of black hair on the top of his head.
- He has a round body
In each of Horton's book appearances he endures a good amount of ridicule, for believing in something that no one else does. In 1942, Horton the Elephant appeared in Horton Hatches the Egg.
Horton is also one of the main characters of Seussical, played by Kevin Chamberlin, combining his roles in Horton Hatches the Egg and Horton Hears a Who. The basic storyline of the musical is centered around him.
Videos with Horton
- Horton Hatches the Egg (1942)
- Horton Hears a Who! (Cartoon)
- The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
- Horton Hears a Who! (Film)