Dr. Seuss's ABC is an alphabet book written by Dr. Seuss starring two anthropomorphic dogs named Icabod and Izzy as they journey through the alphabet and meet characters that begin with each letter. This book was also used for a 30 minute Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Video Series, along with two other books I Can Read with My Eyes Shut! and Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
This book has an iOS and Android app by Oceanhouse Media.
Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences
- This is a review of the Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences between the video and the book.
- Due to Icabod's lower half of his body being cut from page 2 looking at the letter "Big A" in the book page 2 was changed differently, In the video you will see Icabod taken from the page 1 from where he and his sister Izzy were looking at the logo "Dr. Seuss's ABC". Now in this scene He is looking at The letter "A" while standing on orange grass, Izzy from page 2 then appears but she is looking at little "A". Izzy has been rotated faced up, and then "A" and "a" are joined in a yellow background.
- Pages 4-5, Aun annie's pet alligator is not walking in mid air like he did in the book, instead he is walking on the white floor in the video, some hair has been added onto the alligator, and the term "A..a..A" in the video they are not orange, but black instead.
- On page 6, Icabod it standing on the floor and not on the small hill like in the book, He is now looking at the big letter "B", Izzy is pointing at the lowercase "b" and then the capital "B" and lowercase "b" are joined together in a blue background.
- On page 9 and nine, the barber is seen, but the baby isn't seen just yet. you will notice the baby's hairline on the barber's scissors before the baby phases in bubbles appear next to the boy blowing them with a pipe. and the bumblebee is points straight vertical.
- On page 11 the scene is upside down showing the camel. then is flips rightside up as it reveals that camel is standing on a ceiling. The door in the pink room has been drawn in do to being cut from the page, in the living book's version of this book it reveals that the Cat in the Hat was in there making a cameo appearance. Icabod and Izzy are standing close in the middle under the camel, but they were standing to the left in the book. The rest of the scenery has been drawn and painted in. The words from the book "C....c....C" appear over the camel. The camel's name is revealed to be Clyde in the living book's version
- On page 13 of the video of the book, capital "D" and lowercase "d" are together in a blue background. David Donald Doo's bed is now set on the white floor as it wasnt in the book cause in the book the bed was on a blue floor. The dream bubble is drawn differently.
- Page 14 on the video of the book, a review of the letters A, B, C, D appear from the book but are taken away as the red "E..e..e" comes and its more bigger than its normal size in the book.
- On page 15 of the video of the book, of section "E", The boy "whose name reveals to be Ernie in the living books version" with the big ear has been drawn slightly differrent in this video book for some reason. His hair was black, nose drawn diferrent and eyelashes are longer and his eat is drawn differently. The elephant you see in the video is not Horton but in the Living Books version the elephant is revealed to be a female and her name is revealed to be Ethel. The logo's "e,e,E" appear from the book but, under the female elephant and has dots.
- Big F and little f are in a green background but then they push back and dissapear as the narrator said "F" 3 times on page 17 of the video of the book. The Fiffer-feffer-feff is standfing on a drawn green hill.
- Another review of the alphabet happens again on page 18-19 of the video of the book but, G comes pushing A,,B,C,D,E, and F out the way. The girl whose name reveals to be Greta in the living books version" is 6 paces away from her pet goat whose name is also revealed to be Gus in the living books version. the logo's G,g and G are in a orange background but the dots do not appear.
- In the H section, in the book page 20-21 of the video of the book, the Horse was looking at the hay while eating it but in the video he was looking at the veiwers while eating hay. Big H and little h are in a blue background. The hen's name reveals to be Harriet in the living books version. The backgroud has been changed a bit with the white on top and blue in the middle and white again at the bottom. The horses backside and legs were drawn and painted in the scene due to being cut from the page. The hen is standing on the white floor in the video and Icabod and Izzy are standing on the white floor in the video but, look at Icabod's left hand and arm. You will notice that it has been cut from the page. Its been drawn and painted in but it appears shorter than the other. His left ear was also colored and drawn in to. The text "Hooray Hooray!" are not blue but black instead.
- Page 22-23 of the video of the book the logo's Big "I" and little "i" are joined together in a pink background but then pushes itself back as the narrator said "I" 3 times. The capital letter "I" appears over Izzy. Icabod has been slightly moved down a little bit and Izzy has been moved 3 paces down on this page.
- Big "J" and little "j" appear together in a yellow background on page 24 of the video of this book.
- Big "K" and little "k" appear together in a green background on page 26-27, the kitten and the kangaroo are both standing on the white floor in the video but in the book they were standing in mid air, you will also notice that the kitten is 6 paces away from the kangaroo. The tea kettle the leg of a man was kicking, is in mid air and face up vertical in the video but horizontal in the book. then is the video the kettle flies up out the scenery. The line is more thicker on the kite's tail in the video but in the book the tail was thin. Due to half of the king's body being cut from the page the editors painted and drew the rest of it on the video, his hand appears to be colored different and longer in the video than how it used to look in the book his back side and the back of his crown was also painted and drawn in but the big white dots on it were colored black. The words "KERCHOO" is more closer to the king's mouth as he sneezed.
- Big "L" and little "l" appear together in a orange background from page 28 of the texts. Page 29, Little Lola Lopp as you will see in the video, is standing on a white floor this time and the orange background in the book is now the wall in the video, the rest of the left leg's pants has been painted and drawn in for the video, and rest of the lazy lion left arm has been painted and drawn in.
- Big "M" and Little "m" appear together in a blue background from page 30. on page 31 in the video the second mouse has been copied on the scenery to replace the mouse that was directing the other 5 mouses who also had its eyes open in the book. Reason why, because the editors didnt feel like doing much of filling in the rest of the mouses's body. The fourth mouse was copied to replace the fifth mouse that was in the book where his face was only seen and not the body, and the normal version of them can be seen in the powerpoint version. The yellow moon appears from the hill after the narrator said "in the moonlight" as the moon comes it stops and stays behind the third tree a little bit. The mice were also moved up closer. and none of the mice appear to be directing in this scene like the sixth one was in the book.
- Big "N" and little "n" appear together in a yellow background on pages 32-33, the only thing that is different in this video from the book is that a new face was drawn for the man with a long nose. The man who has a long nose in the book only his front face was shown and not the head. It is unexplained why the editors didnt want to add on his head hair intstead of drawing a new face.
- Only the big letter capital "O" is show over the ostrich and the owl on page 29 of the video of this book. It is unknown who Ocsar is.
- On page 36-37 in the video, the letter A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.I.J.K.L.M.N.and O are black instead of yellow like it was in the book and the presentation. Icabod and Izzy and the big blue letter "P" are in page 36 standing on the black grass in the video moved from page 37 of the book.
- On page 38-39 on the video of this book the bear wearing pajamas, the policeman and papa in the pail and Peter Pepper's Puppy are all standing on the white floor of the pages as the pink background is now a wall. Due to Icabod's backside being cut from the page the character was replace with the recent one from page 37 of the book but Izzy was taken from his hands at the time. You will also notice that his right hand was missing and also, Icabod in the video was happy instead of shocked.
- Big "Q" and little "q" appear together in a blue background in page 41 of the video of the book. The quick queen of Quincy and her pet quackaroo appears to be walking on the white floor and the background of the book is now a wall in the video.
- Big "R" and little "r" appear together in a yellow background. Rosy's red rhinoceros (who is named Rupert in the living boons version) appears to be standing on the white floor and the yellow background in the book is now a wall in the video.
- Big "S" and little "s" appear together on a blue background. In this video, you will see Sammy Slick at the table and his face is normal and 5 more soda glasses appear on the table. Notice that the 4th soda has been copied to replace the 6th soda glass that was cut from page 45 in the video of this book. Then at the narrator said "sick, sick, sick", Sammy's face then turned green 3 times and his green face was darker in the video than how it was in the book.
- Big "T" and little "t" are in a orange background together on page 46 and then the two letters come close as the narrator repeats "T" again. In the book the tree with the ten tired turtles was closer in page 47, but in the video the tree is farther and the bottom of the tree remained to be cut on the bottom in the video as it was in the book.
- Big "U" and little "u" are also in a yellow background together on page 48-49. In the video Uncle Ubb is standing on the white floor and the yellow background from the book is now a wall.
- Big "V" and little "v" appear together in a pink background. Icabod and Izzy are more closer to Vera Violet Vinn standing to the left in the video, but in the book they are far from her and standing to the right on page 51.
- The two big W's and the lowercase w, are in a blue background together. On page 52-53,of the video of the book Willy Waterloo is one step closer to the blue wall behind him. The water comming from the waterhose to douse over Warren Wiggins is drawn differently, the scrub brush Warren was holding has been moved up a bit from Waldo Woo's head. The drops of water are shifted to the right from Waldo.
- The capital X is in a yellow background, A picture of Nixie Knox's portrait has fallen off the wall by itself. The background appears to be a wall now with the white background behind it. The ax is seen in mid air by itself then the Fox appears holding it. Notice the fox is standing on the white floor on page 55 if the video of the book.
- Big Y and little y appear together on a orange background. On page 56-57 of the video of the book, some hair has been erased from the giant yawning yak. His ears are drawn differently and his mouth has been edited a bit. The rest of Yolanda Yorgenson's hair has been drawn and painted a bit in the scenery of the video.
- Page 58 is used and the letters from page 59 were taken and put into the speech bubbles, but the letters appear one by one as the narrators sings the ABC Song. Icabod and Izzy are now being voiced by Angelique and Colin to sing in this page of the video. The rest of Icabod's backside and arms and hand is drawn and painted it and bit. The term "and...." does not appear in the speech bubble but it did in the powerpoint version and also, Angelique did say "and...." and also, they did not say "now i know my abcs next time will you sing with me"?
- Page 60 and 61 of the video of the book was inverted the blue speech bubble was now painted white while the outside of it was painted from yellow to blue. The letter capital Z that grew is now painted light pink from magenta then lowercase z comes joining big Z.
- On page 62 and 63 of the video of this book, Icabod and Izzy are shifted to the left a few paces from the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz.
- The backing pages of this book are now in the video as you will see Icabod and Izzy in the scene with all the lowercase and capital letters then as Colin and Angelique sings the ABC Song again the big capital letters appear from A to Z after they get through singing, all the small capital and lowercase letters began to disappear. Then the book ends.
You can listen to the audiobook online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym1u72HvAWs