This Book was also used in the Random House Home Video Series which is entitled "Dr. Seuss Video Classics", featuring another book "Scrambled Eggs Super!"
The old man and the boy are sitting a cactus and telling the story,the old man discusses an amusing litany of terrible predicaments which could befall a person, with the repeated admonishment that "you're really quite lucky".
Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences
- This is a review of the Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences between the video and the book.
- As the video of this book begins, the 4th irish duck from page 31 and the clear pages in the book is seen walking away falling into a hole from another clear page, and the logo from the hard cover that says the title of this book is seen, then a strange un-named mad animal comes from the hole and blinks 1 time as the name Dr. Seuss appear and the name John Cleese appears which means he is narrating the story as the voice of the Old man from the desert of Drize.
- Some cactus's from page 3 are put into page 4 and 5 on the video of this book and some stones in the back have been added as you will see one behind a boy named Duckie, but in the book there is no stone behind him and the extra cactus's are on page 3. Notice that the rock Duckie is standing on is more closer to the old man's cactus than being far. You will see the old man talking to Duckie. He then opens his eyes looking at him and he raises his right arm as he sings Duckie a simple song.
- On page 6 and 7 on the video of this book, the back ground is blue and so is the water, the upside down "U" shaped is being let down a little with a construction worker standing on it, the wet cement under it was laying on the brick in the video but in the book the cement was in mid air, two drops if the wet cement dropping from the bucket the 2nd construction worker, in the book have been erased in this video. 3 more other other construction workers are seen. Notice one of them in the video is with a wheel barrow with 11 bricks but in the book he had 12 bricks and one of them was in mid air. The another construction worker in a blue bucket is let down (not shown), as that happens another construction worker is let up and let down again while is two feet are on a ladder trying to hold on from falling. The construction worker "on a hook holding the construction worker on the rope handing on the ladder by the shoes and the construction worker in a blue bucket", is brought in the second time. The giant nail under the edge of the bridge is tilted to the right in the video a little but was pointed straight up in the book. Another construction worker is seen hanging from one of the boards being pulled up. In the Book his has was off in mid air falling but in the video, his hat is on him but falls off floating away and then he himself falls in the water. The pink board seen under him in the book is gone in the video.
- On page 8-9 on the video of this book, some sticks, melons, bananas and others parts have been moved and or taken from the scene. The grass is panted green but in the book. it was white, the camera goes section by section to some animals and people caught in the 4 way traffic jam and the elephants look at each other as if they were bummed and bored with how life id going.
- On page 10-11 on the video of this book looking at the scenery of Ga-Zair. The window light's on the top right and left are turned off at the time until the narrator (John Cleese) says "With you bedroom up here," The lights turn on and a silhouette of a person is seen in the window of the bedroom. Then when the narrator says "And your bathroom-" that's when he pauses and the camera zoomed in moves down from the left going to the upper right to the bathroom and the bathroom light turns on showing the same silhouette of a person in the video and the narrator finally says "Up there!" But, in the book there was no silhouette in the bathroom but the lights was on. At the time the camera moves up and down you will hear foot steps and breathing.
- On page 12-13 on the video of this book, you will notice in the video that the background is orange but in the book its white, also notice that some extra nuts and bolts and other pieces are added to cover up the blank space where the text of the page used to be. The sprang of the piece that Herbie Hart is holding then bends to the right also it was cut a little short and the new ballpoint is on it leaving the other ball point on some other piece above. Some of the items might have been moved out of place in the video instead of being in their normal spots like in the book.
- On page 14-15 on the video of the book,the grass that Ali Sard is mowing grow covering a trail as he is seen running as fast as he can with the lawn mower, you can also see him running off the scene on the black of the screen. The back door is opened by Ali's stingy uncle who is not seen but throws how two Dooklas (pennies) and then slams the door as Ali is stil trying his best trying to mow the lawn. The rest of the top of the castle has been drawn and painted in as well as the rest of the blue sky due to being cut from the pages in the book.
- On page 16-17, you will see him painting flagpoles on the top, the shy that was white in the book has been painted blue for the video. Ali is seen on the flag pole moving his right hand up and down with a paint brush, the pole bends over and back in his place again. Some clouds have been added to this scene as well.
- On page 18-19 on the video of the book the doorway to Mr. Bix's room has been shortened to the right ans shifted to the right a little more. As this scene begins, Mr. Bix has the bed sheet over him then he takes the covers off looking at the Borfin in bad condition. Look at the scene as you will notice that there are two windows instead of one. but in the book there was only one window next to the clock. The white floor in the book has now been painted sky blue in the video. the pink leather pipes droop down and the handle to the Borfin tilt's down, the long and and short hand on the clock then goes around as hours pass then the top of the Borfin shlumps more worse and worse as the night air comes, and as you look outside it was day then it goes dawn and dark. Then page 5 is seen again to the Old man from the desert of Drize as he talks to Duckie, He then raises his arm then points his one finger to him. The scene then goes page to page 18-19 as the mouth of the Borfin is seen open, then it closes along with some piece behind it bending down, the round tip of the tongue of the Borfin on one of them is missing but it was there in the book. its also been cut short a little. Then Mr. Bix lays back in bed feeling annoyed and puts the covers back on over him.
- On page 20-21 on the video of the book you will see a Schlottz. The background has been painted from white in the book to blue in the video, the camera zooms in showing the long tail of that Schlottz that has been tied in a knot, and his ears droop down feeling sad cause he probaly can;t untie his own knots due to having webbed feet.
- On page 22-23 on the video of this book, you will see 4 men riding Wamel saddles on camels. In the book notice some of the 3 camel riders hat,head, and half of the faces have been cut off from the top edge of the page in this book so in the video the editors copied a face from the first camel rider and pasted it onto the second wamel rider's head as well as the first camel rider's hat that has been filled in to to being cut from the top of the page. The camel riders are now in different order than how they were in the book and one of the camels' face was replace with a copy of another camels' face due to being cut from the book. Then as a button from one of the camel's wamel-faddle gets loose an the camel opens his eyes and smiles opening his mouth then you will see a camel rider falling off the cliff as a bird sees him and looks down as he continue's falling.
- On page 24-25 on the video of the book,you will see Mr. Potter moving his arms dotting i's and crossing t's, is the rest of the scene is shown, the top of the room in the back has been drawn in as well as the rest of the walls. Notice that the cat isn't seen yet until the end of this scene.
- On page 26-27 on the video of this book, the background sky has been painted from white like it was in the book to sky blue in the video, the top of the branch has been bent to the left. The bee flies out from the flower as the Bee-Watcher watches him. The bee lands on the Bee-watcher's nose at then.
- As the scene then goes to page 28-29 on the video of this book, you will see the bee still on the Bee-Watcher's nose. This scene appears early as the lines from page 27 are being read. More Hawtch-Hawtchers appear one by one and two, three, and more until all the Hawtch-Hawtchers appear in the scenery except the last one that was cut from the page in the book. Some of the Hawtch-Hawtchers are more closer to each other a little. The brown grown is lowered down a little and the sky has been painted from white like in the book to blue in the video. The as that scene ends, Page 5 is show once again showing both the old man and Duckie. The old man is still pointing at him as he opens his eyes.
- On page 30-31 on the video of the book you will see Professor de Breeze moving his stick from up to down. The third Isrish Duck stretches its neck looking at the paper. Due to the paper being cut from page 31, it was filled in but folded a little.
- On page 32-33 on the video of the book, notice that there is only 3 poor puffing Poogle-Horn Players but in the book it was 5. Due to the last two being cut from the page in the book, the video editors decided to only show 3 of them. You will see them bouncing on their long unicycles and the window of the Prince of Poo-Boken's house, lights up. The bird flies in with half of a right wing as the first Poogle-Horn Player falls off his unicycle.
- On page 34-35 on the video of the book, there is no movement but some more of the scenery has been drawn and painted in and a few more shadows were filled in and the rest of the red sun has also has been drawn and colored in as well. The camera zooms out from Harry Hadow who is having trouble casting his shadow behind, However the others people's shadows are casting behind just fine.
- On page 36-37 on the video of the book, there is no movement but the camera moves around showing the brothers Ba-zoo who's beards have attached themselves onto the next brother's hair. Then the camera zooms out. Another cat, who is seen, seems to be tilted down a little.
- On page 38-39 on the video us this book, the plant stretches down and grabs the boy's orange pants then the boy runs away. The scene goes to page 5 again showing the old man once again as he stops pointing at Duckie and unfold's his fingers and opens his eyes.
- On page 40-41 on the video of the book, the 12th radish is being eaten by the worm instead of the 17th like the old man said in the book, and a piece of that 12th radish is bitten of as the worm gets to it.
- On page 42-43 on the video of the book, the last piece of the Ruins of Ronk by Gucky Gown's pool is copied and seen falling from the right.
- On page 44-45 on the video of the book, the green mouse and the sock were moved from the outside to the middle inside of the Kaverns of Krock and the mouse is more closer to the orange left sock. The scene later dims down.
- On page 46-47 on the video of the book, the rusty tin coat hanger hanging on a wire is still at the moment then moves a little while hanging.
- On the last page 60 on the video of the book, Duckie, the bird, and the old man have been flipped horizontal and switched places, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, cactus from page 3 is seen on the last scene, the old man opens his eyes looking up. The camera phases zoomed to Duckie as he then looks at the viewers and opens his mouth smiling more at the story comes to a close.
- "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" plus "Scrambled Eggs Super" in Dr. Seuss Video Classics.
- The scene of the town is in "The Hoober Bloob Highway".
- The nutcracker says, "Suppose, just suppose, you'd betray cracking toast, Mickey, eh?" in Magical Mirror in 2001 book and 2007 television film.
- Oceanhouse Media published this book to be used as an app on Iphones, Ipod touch, Ipad and android apps.